Friday, December 17, 2010

Rich ex-customer

Once, I had a very rich customer.

The family had been following us for a couple of years since they bought their first dog from us.  Things started to change over the years.  They started to compare prices between my shop and other pet shops.  Being a consumer myself, I've always tried to keep the prices of my products as low as possible but due to different distribution patterns from the distributors, pet shops can be charged differently for the similar item.  I can sell products cheap but I can't guarantee that all my products are the cheapest in Singapore.

The said customer quibbled with us over a few cents or dollars being one who owns many properties, businesses and luxury transport machines.  I surrendered.  I am too small to handle such a "big" client.  I can't read their mind.  However, through these people I learnt to be a good customer myself.  I constantly remind myself not to be a nasty customer and understand the fact that everyone is making a living.  Who does not want to earn more money.  If the said customer did not earn "big" profits from the things they sell to their customers, where did their money come from.  People who knew me knows that I do not like to bargain much, not because I'm stupid.  I like to leave good impressions with people and that makes me a happier and better person. 

And oh yes..........the said customer has since stopped buying stuff from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment